Sunday, July 18, 2010

Road Trip: Burlington, Iowa

We have extended family spread throughout the country, and we never see them as often as we would like.  But when we do visit them or they visit us, we love sharing our daughter with them.  I think for that reason, our trip to Iowa this past week was particularly special.  Adeline really engaged with everyone.  She learned everyone's names and pronounced them pretty well.   When she wanted someone's attention, she would call out their name!   Her memory and vocabulary are phenomenal these days...she is like a sponge absorbing everything she sees and hears.  Addie likes to assert her independence too...she is quite a hoot!
"I think I will go for a walk...by myself..."



Addie's & my first time on a horse!

After I saw these pictures of us on the horse, I realized how terrible it was that Patrick and I wore helmets to protect our own heads but our 1.5 year old daughter didn't have one!....I have no good reason to give you...just that there wasn't a helmet her size around.  But please know that she was only on the horse for a brief time! :)

We spent time with Addie's great-grandpa for part of each day we were in Iowa.  Addie was quite a hit at the senior home!  We wish we could see him more often than a couple of times a year!


spending time at grandpa's office (and doing really crazy things to grandpa's computer)

Going out to dinner with grandma and grandpa

Auntie Kay & Uncle Eric with Addie

Addie couldn't get enough of her cousins Kyra & Ella.  Fortunately for Addie, the girls helped take care of her and played with her all the time! 

Eric & Patrick with Grandpa

Grandpa with his 3 great-granddaughters

When I look at this series of photos, I realize what a big girl Addie is becoming, how quickly she's growing up...

1 comment:

  1. So I hear that it took Addie awhile to settle into the horseback riding thing -- that's my girl! But you look like a natural on the horse, Mary :)

    ReplyDelete